There is so much to see and do around Loch Ness and our village of Foyers. There are also lots of great places to eat and drink. Read on for more information!
Here we have information about walking, cycling, boating and kayaking. And where to eat and drink and relax once you are done!
We will be confirming our Summer 2020 activities soon, please check back here for more information.
Walking at Loch Ness
There are lots of great walks around Loch Ness, whether you are looking for a 10 minute stroll with your dog, or want a serious hike! Information and maps on local walks are available at reception and the staff will be happy to help you plan your routes. There are many beautiful trails including the famous Falls of Foyers.
South Loch Ness Trail
The South Loch Ness Trail is an exciting trail for all types of user that was launched in 2011. The trail stretches for approximately 28 miles between Loch Tarff near Fort Augustus to Torbreck on the edge of Inverness through Whitebridge, Foyers, Inverfarigaig and Dores. If you are walking the South Loch Ness Trail, we are at a convenient place to stop and enjoy a well earned rest, offering the Camping and Caravan Club’s ‘Backpacker’ rates to those walking or cycling the trail.
For more information about this great trail for walkers, cyclists and horse riders view the South Loch Ness Trail page on the Visit Loch Ness web site.
Motorboat and kayak hire
We offer visitors at Loch Ness Shores various paddle sport activities.
- Motor boating on Loch Ness
- Kayaking on Loch Ness
- River Kayaking by Loch Ness
Most activities are suitable for children between the ages of 10 and 18 when accompanied by an adult on the water. Please ask for advice before booking. The boats and kayaks operate from Easter to the end of October, weather dependent.
Food and drink on the Campsite
Our bistro will be opening November 27th 2019!
With a state of the art kitchen and welcoming eating area, the bistro will be serving fantastic breakfasts and lunches through the winter, all in view of the stunning scenery of Loch Ness.
Open to all, through the winter our bistro hours will be 8 AM to 4 PM.
We also have a shop full of delicious, quality Scottish treats and meals.
We are also very lucky to be situated in a village with plenty of choices for eating and drinking locally:
- Foyers shop – a half hour walk from the campsite – sells many of the basics
- The Waterfall Cafe, next door to the shop, is open during the day for snacks and lunch
- Morag’s Crafty Bothy (nearby) is a Ceramic Painting Studio & Shop
- Cameron’s Cafe – a pleasant 40 minute walk through a forest – also offers snacks and lunch
- There is a pub, the Craigdarroch, an easy 20 minute walk from the campsite, with lovely views of the campsite and loch.
- Dores Inn and Whitebridge Hotel both have pubs offering lunch and dinner, and are a short drive
- Our nearest town, Fort Augustus, and city, Inverness, have a wide array of pubs, cafes and restaurants to try. The Lovat Hotel in Fort Augustus has excellent food and gives our visitors 10% discount off any meal bill (excluding drinks), please ask us for a voucher before you book your meal.